Here are the total-expected costs for non-residents looking to purchase and drive a motorhome in France.
– Societe civile setup: 1900 EUR.
– Motorhome sourcing and support service (if required): 800 EUR
– Registration tax: On average ~500 EUR for depending on vehicle engine size.
– “On the road fee”: Some dealers will charge 1000 EUR which includes the previous registration tax as well as a basic service before they hand over a vehicle.
– Domicile address and mail handling: 60 EUR / year from the second year.
– Insurance: On average ~1250 EUR / year full coverage with 5+ years no claims discount of 50%
– Storage: Expect to pay ~50-150 EUR per month.
– Vehicle inspection: For vehicles older than 4 years, a controle technique is required every two years ~135 EUR.
– Officially closing the societe civile: 1700 EUR
– Selling your vehicle through France Motorhome Sales: 1000 EUR commission